This page lists the version history of Realmware's BF4 Settings Editor releases. From reading this, you will be able to tell exactly what has changed between versions.
- You can now view and configure multiple key bindings for each control. For example, you could set the Z, K, and P keys all to the "Jump" action. Please note that this only works for buttons, not axis controls; this is due to a limitation in Battlefield 4.
- Added a donation button to the About window.
- Added a Fixes section, where you can read about the included fixes and workarounds for various Battlefield 4 problems.
- Added a toggleable game fix for freelook, which removes the need for using the Freelook (Hold) button.
- Added a game fix for the Freelook (Hold) control, which is normally hard-coded (locked) to a specific joystick key (the left trigger for Xbox 360 controllers) in Battlefield 4. This game bug has caused many players to have problems with their throttle down control.
- Added game fixes for the following controls, which are bugged/broken in the Battlefield 4 in-game menu:
- Select gadget 1.
- Toggle gadget 1.
- Spectator free camera rotate up.
- Spectator free camera rotate down.
- Spectator free camera rotate right.
- Spectator free camera rotate left.
- Fixed an issue where the default key bindings would not be completely overwritten when there were multiple key bindings by default.
- Fixed an issue with the invert vertical tank look setting.
- Fixed a text mistake on the Help tab.
- Removed the Gunner key bindings, as they are sadly no longer working in the current version of Battlefield 4. Gunner positions use the key bindings from the Vehicles tab.
- Improved the look and feel of the GUI.
- A message box is now displayed when loading a profile.
- Renamed the "Toggle weapon light" key binding to "Toggle weapon accessory", to indicate that it can also be used to toggle magnifiers, canted iron sights, etc.
- Updated to work with the full release of Battlefield 4.
- BF4 Settings Editor will now offer the user the option of automatically copying their settings over from the Battlefield 4 Beta.
- The program window is now resizable. The last used window size will be saved and remembered for the next time the program opens.
- You can now export your Battlefield 4 settings back to the older Battlefield 3.
- When importing/exporting settings from/to Battlefield 3, the Battlefield 3 settings files will now be scanned for errors. The user can decide whether to have these files automatically repaired.
- Added support for the following settings:
- Award messages.
- Game mode messages.
- Added support for the following key bindings:
- All spectator key bindings.
- All vehicle aim relative key bindings.
- Toggle minimap.
- Menu / Scoreboard (hold).
- Updated the default settings to match those of the full release of Battlefield 4. The default settings have been changed since the Battlefield 4 Beta.
- Removed the "Off" option for the texture filtering setting, as this has been removed in the full release of Battlefield 4.
- Fixed an issue with the joystick sensitivity setting, where it would be using a range of 0-1 instead of the expected 0-5.
- Fixed a bug where dragging certain sliders to zero would cause them to become disabled.
- Improved the look and feel of the GUI.
- Moved the scoreboard, full map, and zoom minimap key bindings from the Common tab to the Infantry, Vehicle, Jet, Helicopter, Gunner, and MAV tabs. This matches the in-game menu and the way the controls work in the full release.
- DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor will now offer the user the option of automatically copying their settings from the old location to the new location.
- DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
- Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
- Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
- Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
- Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.
- Preview release of the program.